Monday, September 29, 2008

anatomy of my dorm.

as you all know, i live in I.S.O Residence Halls, an ISOlated island within the Ateneo campus.
before, it used to be everyone's tambayan... it used to be a home to students who wanted a quick nap, those who had a group all-nighter, and a smoking pocket for most students.

but now it's a THREAT to everyone. ever since they made new rules, ever since they appointed a prefect, ever since this year. ARGH.

here are some new changes in my dorm this year:
- NO MORE VISITORS inside the rooms. it's just sad that back when i was in first year, my room was our tambayan before going to our INTAC class. my room was oli's quick nap-place, deni's pasundo place, deni's penge ng tubig place. etc. it's just sad that no one's allowed inside anymore.
- CURFEWS. back then, we didn't have curfew. but now we're expected to be in the dorm by 12 during weekdays, and 2am during weekends. i don't have a problem with this because. i usually go back to the dorm early. but i was thinking of the other people who have group papers and meetings and projects to do. some are forced to sleep outside in people's condos and houses because they can't come home to iso. eh, mas unsafe nga yon eh. stupid stupid rule.
- PREFECT. can i just say that back when i was in 1st and 2nd year, we didn't have a prefect yet. AND WE WERE PERFECTLY FINE. now that we have prefect, we have cases like robbery, disciplinary cases and stuff. stupid stupid stupid.

i'm just pissed off.


BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT OF MY BLOG!!!!

every friday, i go home to my corner, all messed up and looking like the remains of a terrible calamity. i think it's because every mwf i'm always running late so i throw things left and right, fly my way around, not fix anything.. every tth, i get up late, because my class is still at 12.. so i couch-potato myself till 11:45am, and then i rush my way around again. HAHA.

here's what it looks like now.

laundry scattered on the floor, on the sides of the bed, on my table... unfixed bed.. rice cooker out...ketchup on the table (??)... alcohol beside it... earrings... tissue... plastics... etc... it's basically just everything where i can see them. HAHA. but every weekend i make it a point that i fix everything. because i am a weirdly Obssessive-Compulsive person. i'm really really really messy, but when you let me organize and clean stuff, it's going to be extremely OC-clean. HAHAHA. and the weekend is usually the time i get to study(yeah right), and i can't study if everything is messy. so i have to fix everything.


but today is just MONDAY. i didn't get to fix my corner over the weekend because i was too tamad to do anything. i tried studying physio but my brain wasn't processing anything. so. hahah ewan. it's still monday and my corner looks like that. how much more if i let this reach fridaY? haha. will i still see the floor? HAHAHA. and it's finals week next week. do i have time for this? hahahahahahaahaha


GOODLUCK.

i just realized that. cleaning up is a ritual for me. a precursor (physio!!) before i study. HAHA. it's weird. but. yey. another discovery about moi. HAHA

No comments: